In this article we have explained the all the features of GST portal which is https://gst.gov.in. It provides various services to the users like GST registration, GST return filing, GST refund, Payment of GST, cancellation of registration etc. GST portal provides comprehensive online services which eliminates physical visit to government offices to much extent.
When the GST liability is more than input tax credit at that time while filing GST return we are required to make GST payment. Here we will understand how to make GST payment online and when we are required to make it. You can also make GST payment without any liability same will be credited to cash ledger in GST (Kind of GST wallet).
As per Income Tax Act, 1961, the taxability of person depends upon the Residential Status of the individual for the previous year. Residential status of an Individual is to be checked every year. Section 6 of the Income Tax Act defines the criteria for determining residential of an Individual. Recently by The Finance Act, 2020, government made certain changes in the criteria to determine the Residential Status.
As per IT Act, residential status is divided in to 3 categories, we shall understand the each categories in this article:
- Resident but not ordinary resident
Our Honourabe prime minister Shri Narendra Modi has given vision for Make In India, Startup India to boost manufacturing indutries in India to stand at par with developed nations. Government of Gujarat(GoG) since last decade taken numerous initiatives to boost up the Manufacturing industries. GoG give several subsidies and Incentives for such industries. Lets have a look at 5 subsidies to start business in Gujarat.
1. Assistance of Capital Investment Subsidy:
Who will be eligible?
- The Enterprise registered as an industrial unit under MSME Development act, 2006 with respective DIC as manufacturing enterprise.
- Subsidy eligible only for new and existing enterprises going for expansion or diversification. For existing enterprise investment in fixed assets should be more than 50% of total existing fixed assets and such investment should be minimum 60% only in plant and machinery.
- For carrying out Modernization of existing unit with investment in plant –machinery and equipment by more than 25% of its existing gross fixed capital investment, such modernization should be carried out by way of adopting new technology/ production process and/or improving quality of products.
- Only one expansion/diversification and one modernization during operative period is eligible to new unit set up during operative period of the scheme. Similarly one expansion/ Diversification and one Modernization during operative period shall be eligible to existing enterprises as on 1st January 2015. THAT MEANS THAT ENTERPRISE CAN CLAIM SUBSIDIES ONLY ONCE IN INDUSTRIAL POLICY, 2015.
- Old & second hand machinery will not be eligible for assistance.
What is liquidated damages (LD)?
Liquidated Damages (LD) is levied or imposed when some specific task or work is not performed as per the agreed terms or condition, means that there is breach of contract terms. LD is generally levied at fixed rated irrespective of actual damages. Generally in large quantum work like infrastructure projects where performance of the contract is very essence of project, then there is specific clause for LD in the contract. Example situation in which LD is levied is like when milestone is not performed within specific time frame then LD is levied at 1% of milestone amount. We will not understand applicability of GST on liquidated damages.
Government of Gujarat, to promote the business of Micro, Small and Medium enterprise has formed various subsidies like Interest Subsidy, Capital Subsidy, Technology acquisition subsidy, Market Development Assistance, Assistance for patent registration, SME IPO Subsidy etc.